Saturday, 14 December 2013


Strawberry & Chia Seed Oatmeal

1 tbsp chia seed
1 cup of almond milk
1/2 cup whole oats
1 tsp goji berries
3 strawberries, sliced
3 raspberries

This is a lovely breakfast that serves one. When I was in America the only thing I brought back home with me was two ornamental gourds and a box of chia seeds, adventurous right? Chia seeds are more expensive in the UK so when I saw a large box for eight dollars, I grabbed them. They have lots of benefits such as a good source of omega 3, fibre and antioxidants, they can be used as a replacement for egg in cooking and are good at regulating insulin levels.

You need to soak your seeds and oats, so place them in a bowl and pour over the milk then place in the fridge overnight, in the morning you should have a nice thick pudding consistency. From here you can either heat them up on the hob or microwave or eat them cold, adding slices of strawberries, raspberries and sprinkling Goji berries on top. If you want, add a little organic honey or agave nectar, but personally I found the strawberries sweetened it up enough.