Friday, 28 March 2014


Raw Coconut-Cacao Pots.

Shell:
1/3 cup oats
1/3 cup walnuts
1/3 cup dates
1/3 cup cranberries
1 tbsp cacao powder

Lava Center:
1/2 cup coconut cream
1.5 tbsp cacao powder
1 tbsp agave nectar
1/4 tsp cinnamon powder
pinch of pink Himalayan salt
pinch of chilli powder

cacao nibs and goji berries to decorate

This recipe was adapted from another I found online. However, when I originally made it I found it to be much too sweet for my taste, so I changed the recipe completely, keeping the idea of pots with a liquid centre.

To start with, blend all your shell ingredients into a nice fine mix, then place a large tablespoon of the mix evenly into 4 little ceramic dishes (around 2.5" wide,) leaving enough of the crumbly mixture to make the lids after. Press the mix into the bottom and sides of the dishes to create your shell shape. I lined my dishes with cling film so that I could remove them after, then froze them for 5-10 mins to make them easier to remove.
For the lava centre mix the ingredients by hand in a bowl, then using a spoon evenly distribute the mixture into each cake. Lastly using the remainder of the crumbly mixture, press together into 4 circular lids and seal the pots up using your fingers. They can then be refrigerated for 20 mins before being eaten.

Makes 4