Wednesday, 18 June 2014


Cats that match my furniture, Part II.

At the beginning of the year I knew I wanted to become a foster carer for unwanted pets, it was a way of me being able to have animals but without permanently having to commit. I don't know where I will be in the next few years but I do know I never want to rule out being able to live anywhere, so committing to an animal was a problem for me. I emailed various charities and not long after, I was told about a Ragdoll named Pudding that needed care until a permanent home was found for her. A few weeks went by and she was brought to me. It hasn't always been easy, cats that are given away are usually difficult to keep for various reasons, but generally Ragdolls are a funny little breed of cat. Desperately needy,  sweet natured and chatting to you with squeaks, they follow you around wherever you go. Pudding likes being cradled in my arms whilst I work at my computer. She sits by the window watching birds and people pass by and sleeps at my feet every night. Just like her breed name suggests, she becomes limp when picked up and will flop on to her back with her legs in the air. She has quickly become a part of our lives these past few months.