Sunday, 12 October 2014


For many years I wanted a tilt shift lens. It was only a year or so ago that I finally invested in one (Nikon PC-E Micro Nikkor 45mm f/2.8D) and although it isn't on the front of my camera as much as my 35mm f1.4, I would say it is one of the favourites in my kit. I use it for personal projects, models, landscape & travel and occasional weddings. It is usually used as an architectural lens and I feel as though I haven't yet had the opportunity to use its shift function to its full capabilities. I will of course share the images when I have, but until then I find it to be a wonderfully useful macro lens. The tilt function allows you to control Bokeh completely, creating wonderfully unusual effects and allowing you to bring blur in from any angle of the photograph. I also plan to use it more with video in the future too, however due to all its dials and it being a completely manual lens, it is good for a slower planned shot, anything with too much movement can be missed. I picked a selection of autumn shots I have taken recently to share demonstrating both the macro and tilt functions of the lens.